At Equinox IT we provide you with variety, challenging work and opportunities to accelerate your career. You will work with a highly experienced, multi-skilled and effective consulting team.
We are searching for a Consultant - DevOps to join our central Wellington office.
Who are we?
We believe solving tough business problems start with people.
Using our 'people-first' approach, we provide IT consulting advice and services to help New Zealand organisations achieve pragmatic results in DevOps, Agile, Cloud and Business Transformation.
Our values guide how we work. We aspire to enhance lives, accelerate careers, and see people flourish. We seek to understand our clients and make a difference to them and their communities. We call 'bullshit' on technology and practices that overpromise but inevitably fail to deliver.
As a Consultant - DevOps, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Based on your sound understanding of DevOps and Agile, you will advise clients on the people, process and tooling aspects of DevOps and Agile adoption
- Work alongside client's teams as well as their providers
- Where needed, undertaking the configuration of DevOps tooling
- Provide specialist knowledge to statements of work, client requirements and solution design
- Be comfortable leading groups of people in workshops and training sessions
- Be comfortable working in both large-scale and smaller environments depending on the client
- Review, and if required contribute, to RFP's and RFI's.
What we are looking for
- Experience working in DevOps, and Agile, adoption and improvement activities
- Deep understanding of the behaviours associated with successful DevOps and Agile teams
- Experience creating and working with Agile and DevOps delivery teams
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Someone that is passionate about helping organisations and their teams be more effective
- Good knowledge of related Atlassian (e.g. Jira) and Microsoft products (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Good knowledge of Scrum and/or Kanban
- Some understanding of test automation approaches and good practice in building apps with logging, monitoring, alerting, etc. to support operational concerns.
The soft skills you need
- A good fit to our company and the client work that we do. This means being pragmatic and adaptable, enthusiastic and positive, a good team player, sharing knowledge with others, ethical, driven to make a difference, curious, confident, and humble.
- A willingness and ability to empathise with our clients and making a difference for them in their context, rather than taking a dogmatic approach.
- The initiative to identify opportunity and leverage what Equinox IT has to offer, sometimes before the client themselves, realises what it is they need.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining meaningful relationships both internal and external.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous learning.
- Emotional intelligence. You're engaging with a variety of different people so being able to address them in the right way is crucial, both internally and externally.
- As a senior level consultant, you will also need a degree of politically savvy.
In return for your skills and experience, we will give you an amazing bunch of people to work with, and clients that are embarking on some interesting and challenging initiatives within their business. Our clients know us as a consultancy that breeds success through investing in our team.
Equinox IT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note for Non-New Zealand residents:
While we welcome international enquiries, we will only consider and respond to candidates for this vacancy who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have obtained work permit status. This is due to some of the strict requirements our clients need pertaining to security clearance. We also expect that candidates can make themselves available for face-to-face interviews in New Zealand.