At Equinox IT we provide you with variety, challenging work and opportunities to accelerate your career. You will work with a highly experienced, multi-skilled and effective consulting team.
We are searching for a Technical Sales Consultant to join our central Wellington office to acquire key clients to assist in achievement of strategic growth, revenue and profit objectives.
We strive to add value to our clients with every interaction; for that reason, this role may also have a billable consultancy component.
Who are we?
We believe solving tough business problems start with people. We provide IT consulting advice and services to help New Zealand organisations achieve pragmatic results in Cloud, DevOps, Agile and Business Transformation.
Our values guide how we work. We seek to understand our clients and make a difference to them and their communities.
Equinox IT is also a Microsoft Gold DevOps and Cloud Partner and have improved business agility in a broad range of organisations from small ISVs to large enterprises and government departments.
As a Technical Sales Consultant, you will be able to:
- Market and sell the range of Equinox IT services, with a specific focus on growing Cloud and DevOps adoption and consumption.
- Identify, develop, and build genuine business relationships with targeted clients with the purpose of delivering true value to the client.
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities relevant to the Equinox IT services and convert qualified prospects into a profitable business.
- Provide valued (and paid-for) consulting services to our clients in an area of personal expertise, such as technical consulting, workshop facilitation, documentation, business case creation or managing project deliverables and budgets.
- Manage existing and new business relationships.
- Fully understand the skills, abilities, and work desires of the line of the business consulting team and strive to secure work that, as much as possible, meets their requirements and the needs of the client.
What we are looking for
- A good fit to our company and the client work that we do. This means; team mate, sharing what you know, ethical, driven to make a difference, curious, confident without being arrogant.
- Plenty of energy and motivation. A willingness to make a difference for our clients.
- A background in IT services, specifically Microsoft, this could be in a consultancy, recruitment agency or similar. But we need you to be aware of technology and its variety of offerings.
- Proven experience in Business Development; this isn’t an Account Management role. This is sales. And as such, you have a strong existing network and will be constantly looking for the next client or opportunity.
- Experience working in a high-volume environment. Being 'always on' requires you to juggle multiple balls in the air at once.
- The initiative to identify opportunities and leverage what Equinox IT has to offer, sometimes before the client themselves, realizes what it is they need.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining meaningful relationships both internal and external.
In return for your skills and experience, we will give you an amazing bunch of people to work with, and clients that are embarking on some pretty interesting and challenging initiatives within their business. Our clients know us as a consultancy that breeds success through investing in our team.