Who are we?
We believe solving tough business problems starts with people. We provide IT consulting advice and services to help New Zealand organisations achieve pragmatic results in DevOps, Agile, Cloud, and Business Transformation.
Our values guide how we work. We seek to understand our clients and make a difference to them and their communities. As a Microsoft Gold DevOps and Cloud Partner, Equinox IT is well-positioned to help our customers apply fresh thinking to solve tough business challenges.
As one of our Senior Consulting Cloud Architects, you will enjoy a variety of project and managed services engagements, and be able to:
- Consult with a variety of clients, across multiple domains and situations
- Strive for continuous improvement to how we engage with, support and manage our clients
- Architect to mitigate risk and the business impact of technical recommendations or decisions
- Form and grow long-term trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the wider business and potentially deliver training
- Participate internally within Equinox IT, mentor others and contribute to the ongoing development of services we provide
What we are looking for
- Empathy – as a Senior Consultant this is crucial to your success in understanding a client's need
- Technical pedigree, with a focus on Microsoft technologies, that is grounded in real-world experience delivering complex technical solutions to meet and business problems
- Breadth and depth of architectural and hands-on infrastructure experience, covering Security, Networking, Operations and Operating Systems modernised to cloud-based technologies
- Proven experience in migrating and transforming workloads into IaaS, PaaS and SaaS – primarily Azure and Office 365 – with a focus on change management across People, Processes, and Platforms
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a hybrid of a hands-on and consulting approach to customer solutions
- Superb communication skills, with a willingness to learn and share knowledge through coaching, mentoring and training.
What's in it for you
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Flexible working when you need it
- A respectful work environment that values individual strengths
- We provide you with all the equipment you need to fulfill your role
- Professional development plan including training, workshops, courses, conferences
- Career coaching with like-minded people to help you achieve your personal and/or professional goal(s)
- Medical insurance
- Staff events
Equinox IT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note for Non-New Zealand residents:
While we welcome international inquiries, we will only consider and respond to candidates for this vacancy who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have obtained work permit status. This is due to some of the strict requirements our clients need pertaining to security clearance. We also expect that candidates can make themselves available for face-to-face interviews in New Zealand.