Who are we?
We are an NZ-owned technical IT consultancy that offers DevOps & Agile, Cloud and Business Transformation services to help our clients succeed. We do this with a focus on people over process over (technology) platforms, because for us people come first.
We work in highly pragmatic ways, right-sizing approaches to New Zealand conditions and bringing a fierce determination to deliver excellent results.
Our people have autonomy, work with broad and challenging problems, and get lots of opportunities to learn and grow. They make a difference every day for our clients and the communities our clients serve.
In 1995, Equinox IT was borne out of a desire to do things differently from other consultancies. In over 25 years, as the landscape of technology changes, so too have we and the nature of work we do. We adapt to the market and what is being asked of us which has added to our success.
We are immensely proud of what we have achieved in that time. We've made a material, tangible difference to small businesses, to local communities, and nationally through the projects that we've been involved in.
We hope you will want to be a part of and actively involved in the continued evolution of Equinox IT and the ongoing impact of change we provide to our customers.
As one of our Senior Consulting Cloud Architects, you will enjoy a variety of project and managed services engagements, and be able to:
- Provide technical leadership and operational excellence to our key managed services clients
- Consult with a variety of clients, across multiple domains and situations
- Strive for continuous improvement to how we engage with, support and manage our clients
- Provide thought leadership, technical expertise and architectural advice
- Deliver solutions by guiding internal and customer teams as well as hands-on delivery work when required
- Architect to mitigate risk and the business impact of technical recommendations or decisions
- Form and grow long-term trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the wider business and potentially deliver training
- Participate internally within Equinox IT, mentor others and contribute to the ongoing development of services we provide
What we are looking for
- Empathy – as a Senior or Principal Consultant this is crucial to your success in understanding a client's need
- Technical pedigree, with a focus on Microsoft technologies, that is grounded in real-world experience delivering complex technical solutions to meet and business problems
- Breadth and depth of architectural and hands-on infrastructure experience, covering Security, Networking, Operations and Operating Systems modernised to cloud-based technologies
- Proven experience in migrating and transforming workloads into IaaS, PaaS and SaaS – primarily Azure and Office 365 – with a focus on change management across People, Processes and Platforms
- Understanding and experience in Agile, DevOps and CI/CD; including automated scripting, scripting and deployment in highly available environments
- Experience in Operational Management for IT environments, Windows domains and cloud platforms, with solid knowledge of processes like DevOps and ITIL
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a hybrid of a hands-on and consulting approach to customer solutions
- An understanding of the fundamentals and importance of good architectural decisions
- Superb communication skills, with a willingness to learn and share knowledge through coaching, mentoring and training.
What's in it for you
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Flexible working when you need it
- A respectful work environment that values individual strengths
- We provide you with all the equipment you need to fulfill your role
- Professional development plan including training, workshops, courses, conferences
- Career coaching with like-minded people to help you achieve your personal and/or professional goal(s)
- Medical insurance
- Staff events
Equinox IT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note for Non-New Zealand residents:
While we welcome international inquiries, we will only consider and respond to candidates for this vacancy who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have obtained work permit status. This is due to some of the strict requirements our clients need pertaining to security clearance. We also expect that candidates can make themselves available for face-to-face interviews in New Zealand.